Teaching Assistant Vacancy
Temporary contract for 1 year
Required for September 2018 (30 hours per week).
A vacancy has occurred for a Teaching Assistant (G4, Level 2) at Rushall Primary School.
To work within our successful team, supporting a range of pupils, promoting pupil participation and inclusion within our mainstream school and our highly successful Additionally Resourced Provision (ARP) for children with communication needs.
The successful candidate will join a dedicated and hardworking team of teachers and TAs in an innovative, creative and supportive school.
Governors hope to appoint a committed, highly motivated, well organised and enthusiastic practitioner. We need someone who will embrace our inclusive philosophy and help us further develop an environment where ‘Every child really does matter!’
Rushall School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure check along with relevant employment checks.
An application form and further information can be obtained from the school website – www.rushall.walsall.sch.uk
Please return application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
- School visit and information dates: Friday 15th June 2018 (1st Session - 8:45 am or 2nd Session 2:00pm) Please call school to let us know if you will be attending either of the information sessions.
- Closing Date: Thursday 21st June noon
- Interviews will take place: Tuesday 3rd July 2018
Apprentice Teaching Assistant
We are currently seeking an entry level apprentice to train as a teaching assistant in our school. This post will be Monday to Friday, term time only plus 5 training days, from 8.30am - 3.20pm each day (30 hours each week). The apprenticeship period will be 18 months.
Closing date: Monday 2nd July 2018
Desired skills and personal qualities
• Be fully supportive of the inclusive ethos of the school
• Be willing to learn
• Be a positive role model in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
• Have the ability to organise and prioritise your own workload whilst working alone or as part of a team
• Give attention to detail
• Have the capacity, drive, passion and energy to succeed
• Hold yourself to high personal standards
• Have excellent communication skills
• Be committed to helping and supporting children from all backgrounds
• Follow safeguarding and child protection procedures including the ability to handle confidential information
• Have an excellent health and attendance record.
• Have an adaptable and professional approach to the responsibilities of the post
• Have an understanding of and commitment to the equal opportunities policy
• Have sound ICT skills
GCSE English and Mathematics Grade A-C or equivalent Level 2 Functional Skills.
Rate of Pay: The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.70 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over AFTER completing their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that is part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Rushall Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of the children and all appointments are subject to an Enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
Training provider: Walsall College will provide a NVQ Level 2 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
• This will involve on-site support and guidance with your designated assessor trainer as well as one day a week attending Walsall College.
• The employer will provide on the job professional training relating to your role and course.
Apprenticeship framework: Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Contact: Elizabeth Bateman, Rushall Primary School, Pelsall Lane, Walsall, WS4 1NG TEL: 01922 682300 for an application form please visit our school website or email the school via email@example.com.
Rushall Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.